Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Dec-O-Ween Halloween Home Tour

Welcome to my Halloween Home Tour! I love the entire autumn and Halloween season so incredibly much. This is truly my favorite time to decorate!





I'm part of a whole group of bloggers hosted by Gretchen from Boxy Colonial who will be sharing all sorts of creative ideas for your Halloween home.




Can I just say that a year in and our old farmhouse is still in major paint/demo/built mode....like my kitchen counters are just expected to be installed today kind of disaster...but, the rest of our first floor is homey and welcoming and I'd love to share my Halloween touches with you all!
I love this little area in our entry because pumpkins + succulents + antlers + sparkly crows are my thing...



On the wall opposite the crow, I have my vintage painting. Probably my most favorite thrift store find to date, draped with a skeleton garland.  Friends. I'm going to be honest. The majority of my Halloween décor are Dollar Store finds I have picked up over the years. Some left as is/some altered. You do not need to spend a fortune to decorate.



I added this Halloween cat plate to my antique rack. I love really anything black and white. And cats. I love cats. Especially black and white ones...



If you'd like to learn how to make my Modern Book Ends you can see that post here.


This old shelf has been so fun to decorate for the seasons! Right now it's filled with ceramic and real white pumpkins and this years Dollar Store find...the gold skulls. I can't be expected to resist those for $1!



A tray of gold skeleton heads and a beaker with a branch = Halloween... And that marble pumpkin! HomeGoods killed it this year!



It's also where I found this gold skull with headphones. When you see something like this you buy it and put it front and center on your coffee table.

You can see more pictures of my coffee table and get a tutorial for the tray here.



And, yes, that is Salem Witch Trial Fabric on my ottoman.

You can read all about the makeover here.



Last up is the mantel. This is just a mish mash of thrifted + dollar store + craft store + farm stand goodness.

Gilded antique mirrors mixed with some of my most favorite pumpkins I have ever found from a local garden shop, mixed with thrifted brass candlesticks and gold skulls that I painted forever ago. The spooky cheese cloth was new this year and, again, just $1. I think it really finishes off the space!



 I found the bunting at Target and love the Halloween colors and texture it adds. And the dried gourds in a shiny gold basket adds that element of old with new that I love.





Thank you so much for stopping by and checking out my Halloween home! Be sure to visit all of the other wonderful blogs taking part this week.

Tuesday, Oct. 11


Wednesday, Oct. 12


Thursday, Oct.13


Friday, Oct. 14














If you liked my Dec-O-Ween Halloween Home Tour you may also like...

Blogger Stylin' Home Tour: Fall Edition

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.