Thursday, August 18, 2016

Late Summer Coffee Table Styling & Unifying Home Decor

I played around with some late summer coffee table styling today and I wanted to share my results with all of you. It's really simple, but flows well with how I have the table and mantel decorated in the dining room. I love to keep my decorating light and simple and to have it blend well from room to room with color, objects and textures.


Earlier this week I showed our antique bakery cart and table centerpiece (here).



I focused on a theme of Greenery + White Pottery + Wood for three key areas (the dining table (above), the mantel and the coffee table.

Here's some pictures of the mantel area. I've also continued to work on the mirror gallery wall and I think I only have one more spot to fill.




 I added in some of this greenery from our property. I haven't any clue what it is, but it has lasted over two weeks now, so I am completely thrilled.




In the living room, I started with a planked wood tray with leather handles that I made a few weeks ago. (Tutorial should be up on Jennifer Rizzo's blog soon.)




I added more of those clippings, this time in a small ceramic crock and topped it with a glass cloche.




I filled the rest of the tray with these chalkboard painted books I did forever ago (tutorial here).  I tied them together with twine for a more casual, farmhouse feel.



And, lastly I added in a candle. They are always great to fill space when decorating.
 



This will all stay for the next couple of weeks or so, but truth be told, I am just itching to decorate for autumn!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.