Thursday, June 23, 2016

The Best Dark Kitchen Cabinets & an Announcement

So, we're unexpectedly redoing the kitchen. I got a little kick in the pants earlier this week when I found out I was one of the bloggers chosen by Americana Décor to test out their satin enamel paints.



The kitchen HAS to be redone. It's hideous (with the exception of the stove and original wood floors), but the rest? Disaster. Also, I have like no budget. So this will be as much DIY as possible.

Source

Source

I'll be using the paints on the cabinets. (I'll share before pics closer to the time I actually start the kitchen.) The cabinets are ugly, dirty and chipping. But, they are solid wood and I think they should remain.

Source

Source

I picked two colors...Classic Black for the base cabinets and Warm White for the uppers. (Note: only a small percentage of the upper cabinets will remain.)

Source

So, of course I've been researching (i.e., looking on Pinterest) my fave black kitchens.  We'll need new counters. OH MY GOSH do we need new counters. I'm hoping for solid surface, but budget will determine that so I'm keeping my options open. I think wood is rather fetching with the black. (Probably, why I've been crushing on furniture I've painted/stained lately.) So, we'll see.

Add caption

Source

I'll also be searching for new hardware, lights and sink. Plus, we already had plans to build an island before I found out about this latest project (luckily, it's already partially finished).

Source

Source

Well, that's our latest. I hope you wills stick with us and see this project to the end! If you'd like to see more kitchens I'm in love with follow my The Perfect Kitchen board on Pinterest.




Follow my blog with Bloglovin


If you liked my The Best Dark Kitchen Cabinets then you may also like...



Painted & Stained Square Coffee Table






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.