Monday, February 9, 2015

Two Toned Vintage Drop Leaf Table

Morning everyone!
 
We have another super snowy Monday here at Number Fifty-Three! I plan on spending a good chunk of time working on custom orders today and I thought I would share one I recently finished.



I'm going to be totally honest with you. When I picked this one up it was rough! Structurally, it was completely sturdy (which is the important thing), but the veneer on the table top was a mess.



It took tons of patching and sanding (mostly by my bf; super lucky to have had such major help on this project).
 
 
 
 
It's not entirely perfect, but I sort of love that. I think it's important to preserve some of that worn feel of these pieces. It retains its history and gives them distinction.
 

 

 
For this table, my customer requested a deep brown top and distressed white legs.

 


 
 Drop leaf tables are among my very favorites (I have an antique one as my dining table) because of their diversity. Left closed they are the perfect sofa or entry table.
 
 
 
This project was definitely a labor of love and I'm totally looking forward to it heading out to its new home!





 

2 comments:

  1. How have you been able to pain in this weather? Are you painting indoors?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love drop leaf tables too, the legs on it are so nice!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.