Monday, February 2, 2015

Easy Paper Heart Garland


This past weekend I was photographing a Valentine inspired chair I had painted and wanted to add a little something extra to the shoot. (Note: the chair will be featured as my contributor post on Jen Rizzo's blog tomorrow.)


 
This was so super simple and inexpensive to make, but it is just completely sweet. I'm loving that the pink ties into the red of the throw pillow. I use virtually zero pink and red in my home, so this is a very happy pairing.
 
 

 
 
I cut out some paper hearts from polka dot embossed cardstock I found at the craft store. I traced the hearts using a cookie cutter. Super easy!

 
 
I then punched two holes at the top of each heart and strung them together with cream grosgrain ribbon.




It added an unexpected touch to my more midcentury study. I just love it against the chalkboard wall.  Also, not sure if I mentioned this before, but that wreath was purchased a couple of Christmases ago from CB2. It was originally in silver, but I spray painted it in gold and love it a million times more.
 


 
 

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE it!! The perfect garland ever pal!!! I am so trying this one with the beans! Pinning right now! I hope the move is going good and that you have a wonderful week! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way it looks with the ribbon threaded. CUTE!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.