Monday, August 11, 2014

Unique Shabby Painted Desk

*I was compensated for this post with supplies, however all content, thoughts and opinions are my own.

Hey friends!
 
Sorry for my sudden silence here at Number Fifty-Three. This has been an interesting summer and the last couple of weeks have been filled with reflection and a plan to move forward as I embark on some pretty major life changes for me and my boys.
 
Along with the lack of blogging I also have let my furniture painting slow down. It felt so good to get back at it these last few days and I am so excited to share this awesome desk with you all!
 


 
I have never seen another one like it and I just fell in love with its unique shape and features.
 
 
 
 
I adore the details on the legs...


 
 
I used General Finishes paint in Persian Blue to highlight the legs, top and drawers...



 
The sides were painted with GF's Linen. Easily a favorite neutral as is has more depth than plain white.
 



A portion of the top opens up (which adds to this coolness of this piece) and I left that and the underneath portion in its natural mahogany.
 
 


 
 
The colors and feel for the desk called for a more shabby look, so I heavily distressed the piece and sealed with poly.
 
 
 
 
Lastly, I replaced the old hardware with these lovely glass apple blossom knobs from D. Lawless Hardware. They added a gorgeous, feminine feel that I feel the desk needed.
 
 

 
 
This piece will be listed for sale if you are local and interested!
 

 


3 comments:

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.