Thursday, June 5, 2014

Two Toned Nightstand (& Contributor Post)

Hey there friends!
 
This week has been both flying by (I have been painting custom order like crazy) and dragging at the same time. I swear to you, I woke up yesterday thinking it was already the weekend. But, sigh, we still have a couple of days to go.
 


 
 

Anyway, yesterday I shared my Top Tips for Buying Used Furniture and today I'm sharing one of my most recent thrift store purchases. It ticked off all the boxes on my checklist and came right home with me ready for a makeover.
 
 
 
I'm a huge fan of two toned pieces, especially on furniture with non descript lines since it adds in so much interest.
 
On this piece I painted the body black and the drawer a pale gray for a classic look.
 
 
 
The hardware was updated with vintage glass knobs.
 
 
 
And the drawer lined with a local map.
 
 
 
I love how this table came out and it is available for sale locally.
 
 
 
And speaking of cute tables, head on over to Jennifer Rizzo Design to check out my latest contributor post featuring another one of my thrift store finds. I'd love to have you leave me a comment over there!
 
 
 
 


5 comments:

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.