Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Updated Demilune & Contributor Post

*I was compensated for this post with supplies, however all content, thoughts and opinions are my own.

Morning friends!
 
I spent the majority of Sunday picking and hunting with my mom and aunt all around Western and Central Massachusetts. We had a fantastic time and all came home with treasures (I also found a couple of furniture pieces to paint and sell.) *Also, we saw Brimfield getting all set up! Super tempted to go this time as it's not super far from where I live.



 
Anyway, one of the things that came home with me was this demilune table. I've redone a bunch of them in the past and I am always drawn to their lovely shape. This one is a bit sturdier than most since it had the additional shelf.


 
 
Since I am forever a fan of the two-toned look I decided to stain the top of the table with General Finishes Gel Stain in Java. I always have a bit of hesitation before I stain something, but it is truly a simple process.




 
 
For the base, I painted it with General Finishes paint in Summerset Gold, a beautiful, creamy mid range yellow and topped it with their Glaze Effects in Burnt Umber.




 
Lastly, I distressed the piece and finished it with General Finishes PolyAcrylic.
 
Such a cute and unique little table! (It's for sale, too!)
 
 

 
Also, my monthly contributor post is up at Jennifer Rizzo Design. I'm sharing how I made this DIY Color Block Cutting Board. I hope you all will stop on over and leave me a comment!







6 comments:

  1. it's gorgeous! i love hat color- haven't used it in a while but i need to! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a darling little table! Love the curves and the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You went right to work on that pretty little table and it turned out gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this Angela- it turned out so beautifully! What a fabulous color choice!! Thanks for sharing it at Work it Wednesday this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your table looks marvelous! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.