Thursday, May 8, 2014

Antique Black Dresser

*I was compensated for this post with supplies, however all content, thoughts and opinions are my own.

I completely have a thing for these antique dressers. I love their tall and thin shape; perfect to squeeze into a tiny space for extra storage.
 


I had debated painting this a fun and vibrant color. Sometimes I really love that mix between a classic shape and an unexpected color, but in the end I choose classic black. And I'm so happy I did! I love how it blends both antique with modern.
 
Want to see what it looked like when I brought it home? It has several layers of paint, the most recent being copper spray paint. I thought this was hysterical because copper is so trendy right now, but this was done in such a bad, bad way. Other than the terrible paint, it was structurally fine (although I did need to replace the casters).
 
 
 
I used the same Lamp Black paint from General Finishes as I did on Traditional Secretary Desk I found and painted for my neighbor. I mentioned in that post that Lamp Black has become my go to black paint. It is the truest shade I have found, without any gray or blue undertones.
 
 
 
On to that hardware! I knew that because the dresser was traditional and the paint color was a safe choice I wanted to do something really spectacular with the hardware. And, I am completely in love with these Solid Brass Finger Pull Knobs from D. Lawless Hardware. (P.S. That ceramic skull was one of my finds this past weekend while out antiquing. LOVE!)
 
 
 
They give the dresser a fun and modern twist without being overdone.
 
 
 
I'm thrilled with how this one came out and it is for sale (hoping it sells quick before I convince myself I need to keep it and then start moving everything in my home around.)
 
 
 
 
 
 


18 comments:

  1. beautiful and i love the hardware! i need to try that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this size too and this one is gorgeous. Black just makes any piece look amazing. Thanks for the visit, and yes, I am having fun playing with tons of accessories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely! In certain light, it has a deep purple undertone. It looks fabulous. I have a thing for dressers, too ~ I have them all over my home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, so nice! the knobs are perfect! And copper spray paint? uhh....interesting choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! And you know I love that color

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just saw it for sale! Did not realize we live so close!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ahh...the HARDWARE! Love! I just used lamp black for the first time on the project I posted today. :) I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love it Angela, I like the small ones too! and I do love the skull you found I bet you were thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the hardware with the finish ... so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Angela! Thanx for partying.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really, really beautiful! I love black furniture, and I think just about anyone can use it, so it could always find a home as opposed to a brightly colored piece that might be very taste-specific. Smart decision. Love the hardware too.
    Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com
    History & Home link party, Tue-Fri, weekly - join us!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the makeover and i would love to feature it if that would be ok please let me know,
    lauren

    ReplyDelete
  13. As you may know, my boys are buc ee's florence sc
    also homeschooled so, one day while they were working, I created this little treat for them. It was a nice break from the monotony of every day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mobage is a social network created especially for game developers. Games can be discovered and shared by mobile user acquisition through this interactive platform. With over 30 million users playing on this platform, there are several iPhone and Android gaming applications available.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.