Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Painted Vintage Headboard & Updated Bedding

Remember how at the beginning of the year I said it was enough of me constantly sharing our entry, living room and dining room? (In all reality it was actually my Mom who told me I really needed to branch out and start finishing rooms in the rest of my home.) And, despite completely rearranging my entry and living room and tweaking my dining room last week (old habits die hard) I have been setting goals and achieving results.
 


 

It's an exciting feeling! And, I'm absolutely loving our vintage headboard and updated bedding.
 
 
 
A few things, though. First, Figaro really never naps during the day. But yesterday he slept the entire day away on our bed. This has me a tad worried because it is atypical and he has had a sneezing fit and is stuffy so we are really hoping this is not the start of another flare up of his upper respiratory infections. I didn't have the heart to move him for these pictures so he is conked out in every one of them. Seriously, though. This is the cutest face ever, right?
 
 
 
Secondly, I am aware of the lack of nightstands and lighting. I'm on it. I swear. Maybe even this week if we're lucky!
 
 



 
On to the headboard. I had been wanting something different and randomly found this at the thrift store a few weeks ago. I loved the scale and detail of it and all it needed was a coat of black chalk paint and some wax.


Here's what it looked like when I brought it home...




And, after I updated it...
 
 
 
We ended up hanging it right on our wall as high as possible. We have this massive, massive Temperpedic mattress and this headboard makes is seem much more in proportion to our room. I will seriously do anything to make this mattress work and not only because it cost a ridiculous fortune, but also because it is insanely comfy and I would, at the risk of sounding like a weirdo,  consider sleep to be a hobby of mine.




So, lastly the bedding.  I kept the white Threshold comforter and the white West Elm pillow shams (no longer available) as the base.  Then, I added on this Threshold Suzani Comforter Set. I also added a pale jersey knit Target throw (no longer available) to the bottom of the bed.



And that pillow! I needed a little bit of sparkle. You can find a similar one here. (Although, I only spent a quarter of that during a clearance sale).




Want to see what other updates I've made to this space?  Check out my Painted Mirrored Hutch and Pale Gray & Copper Antique Dresser.

 

15 comments:

  1. This room is gorgeous and I love how you transformed the headboard. Our mattress is very thick, too an.d hubby had to make our headboard go up higher. I hope your kitty is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the color scheme- totally matches your blog! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great Angela! Our cat is prone to the respiratory issues as well. He does look comfy there, poor little guy - I hope he's not sick! That bedding is amazing...can you tell me the name of the paint you used on the walls? Love it!

    Cheryl @ The Creative Me and My McG

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new bedding, it is stunning and so is the headboard. I would love for you to link up to my Inspire Me party that is ongoing. http://www.astrollthrulife.net/2014/04/213th-inspire-me-tuesday.html Hope to see you there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE everything about this room Angela!! Hope your kitty is ok!

    ReplyDelete
  6. While I LOVE EVERYTHING there I REALLY want that kitty! lol Adorable!!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. looking great in there! I love the headboard and the new bedding. And I'm jealous of your mattress....I have a tempurpedic pillow, so I can only dream (ha! like when I'm sleeping on my pillow) about how great a whole mattress would be

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your bedroom looks beautiful Angela, love the headboard. Hoping Figaro is ok and you don't have to worry. We all love our fur babies big time, don't we???

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooo I am seriously loving how your room is coming together!!!! That headboard is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a soothing elegant look. We love our Temperpedic mattress too; no headboard though. Some day. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful headboard and I love the understated grey bed linen. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The bed looks great, Angela - lovely bedding - that must have been SOME nap! :)
    I am delighted that you shared with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.