Monday, February 3, 2014

Chippy Vintage Nightstand

Hey friends! I'm seriously late to posting today thanks to some nasty virus or sinus infection or something. Ever feel fine one moment and then the next you are collapsed in bed unable to function? That was so where I was yesterday and today I have been left with a splitting headache.
 
Anyway, I had these pictures all edited and ready to share with you all! Isn't this vintage nightstand totally fun?
 


It was a custom order and my client gave me a general idea of colors she wanted me to use, but pretty much let me have free reign on the project. Love that!
 
 
 
Here's a sort of before. As in I sort of forgot to take a picture and then started to remove the damaged veneer.
 
 
 
I used General Finishes paint in Queenstown Gray for the body of the nightstand and Corinth Blue for the drawers.
 
 
 
My client wanted the piece to be heavily distressed and I love the juxtaposition between the modern colors and the aged finish.
 
 
 
Also, I added in these gorgeous glass knobs from D. Lawless Hardware.  Glass hardware is my favorite and these are so unique!

 
 

Lastly, I lined the drawers with a vintage map.
 

 

*I was compensated for this post, however all content, thoughts and opinions are my own.
 


14 comments:

  1. Great project Angela! I'm not a fan of the chippy paint, but the colors are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute! i love the fun pop of color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I like the map in the drawer and the color combo is fantastic! Thanks for sharing! ~Lisa @ Practically Perfect Home

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute Angela - and there's that ball again - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great re-do, but why is it out in the snow?! lol I hope you feel better soon...I've got some sort of weird virus going on, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are amazing...seriously! Every piece that you create has such a bold and authentic feeling to it! So beautiful! And those knobs are perfect friend! I hope you are feeling better soon...so hate the headache sinus thing....get some rest! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great finish and I love the map lined drawers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute piece and I love the redo . Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  9. You really know how to perfect the chippy. Love the color choices and especially the surprise of the map inside.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your little table is adorable - so fresh looking with that blue paint. New and improved.
    Patty at Home and Lifestyle Design

    ReplyDelete
  11. I found your blog when I was looking for a different sort of information but I was very happy and glad to read through your blog. The information available here is great
    Dallas

    ReplyDelete
  12. A number of the glass and volume is fit for the terms for the suggestions. The movement of the ai video editor
    is implied for the goals. The theme is done or the top of the turns for the adoption for the things by Allis us for kids and volume of the liquid.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bloggers and aspiration is firm for the changes for the candidates. The reforms of the game grid are implied for the terms. Schemes marked for the depth for the use of the novel means for the games.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.