Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Shabby, French Table & Announcements

Morning all!
 
I have so many exciting things to share today so make sure that you read all the way to the bottom of my post!
 
First up, here is a piece of furniture I recently finished that I will have available at my vintage furniture sale on Sunday.

 


 
I actually picked this up at the thrift store a couple of months ago, but just now had the time to paint it. It was in fantastic condition from the beginning and I loved the lines of it; just not the light colored stain.




 
I started out by painting the medallion and the legs in a deep brown and then gave the entire table two coats of cream.




 
 
I went a little bit heavier on the distressing of this piece and I am thrilled with the results!





 
So, the second thing I wanted to mention is the fantastic Modern Fresh & Fall series that I am a part of (I'll be sharing my home on October 31st). Don't forget to check in with today's blogger.
 
 
Modern + Fresh Fall Home Tour Bloggers:

Starting October 1 – Kristen and Lindsay
2 – Sarah from Sarah M. Dorsey Designs
3 – Gabbi from Retro Ranch Reno
4 – Brittany from Brittany Makes
5 – Jesse from Scout & Nimble
6 – Julia from Cuckoo 4 Design
7 – Carolyn from Sweet Chaos Home
8 – Jennifer from The Chronicles of Home
Today 9 – Bethany from Dwellings by Devore
10 – Carmel from Our Fifth House
11 – Kristin from The Hunted Interior
12 – Annekke from This That & Life
13 – Michelle from Décor and the Dog
14 – Cassie from Primitive & Proper
15 – Ally from From the Right Bank
16 – Shannon from Shannon Berrey Designs
17 – Danika from Gorgeous Shiny Things
18 – Kristin from Bliss at Home
19 – Jenna from Rain on a Tin Roof
20 – Jessica from Dear Emmeline
21 – Kelly from View Along the Way
22 – Sarah from Lacquer and Linen
23 – Eileen from A Creative Day Blog
24 – Sarah from Royal Marigold
25 – Lori from Lori May Interiors
26 – Jennifer from Dimples and Tangles
27 – Caitlin from Desert Domicile
 28 – Sherry from Design Indulgence
29 – Lakeitha from Lakeitha Duncan Lifestyle Blog
30 – Shavonda from A Home Full of Color and Whitney from The Curtis Casa
31 – Angela from Number Fifty-three and Jennifer from Brave New Home
 

OK, last thing...and this is a super good one. I promise! Starting this evening I will be hosting a giveaway with a few other wonderful blogs. Here is some info to get you started and don't forget to stop by tonight to enter!

 
 
 

 
 

 



Linking to: 
DIY Show Off Mod Vintage Lifehttp://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/2013/02/nifty-thrifty-tuesday-no151.htmlhttp://www.cozylittlehouse.com/ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia52 MantelsPhotobucket A Delightsome Life vif187http://www.jenniferrizzo.com/ ”Fall  http://www.savvysouthernstyle.net/
Furniture Feature Fridays


 
startathome

3 comments:

  1. i am so loving all the tours! and that table is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really did a nice job on the table. The cream over the brown and the distressing is perfect for that piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely fantastic transformation - wonderful job! I am delighted that you shared with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.