Wednesday, February 6, 2013

[Project Notebook] Planked Walls

I seriously love the look of an accent wall and, as our style and pieces in our home have evolved, I'm itching to add something different to our dining room. 
 
 If you haven't already heard, we've (O.K. really just me, but my husband picked out the color) have been repainting most of our house in a lighter and brighter color.) We went with Benjamin Moore's Cloud Cover and love it. 
 
So, even though I just recently painted our dining room, in the coming weeks months it will be painted again. Of course that will cause a problem because I can't exactly paint with the book page accent wall still up. I totally saw this coming, so that is why I simply hung up the pages with double stick tape. Easy on. Easy off.
 
My dream would be to replace the book pages with some sort of planking.  Aren't the examples below gorgeous! And guess what...the second photo is just a painting technique. Genius!
 



1 Source  2 Source  3 Source  4 Source  5 Source



7 comments:

  1. I love the idea. I did this in my basement on one wall and I have been lovin' it ever since.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have that on the list for one of our bedrooms. Can't wait to get it done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i would love to do this in our kitchen when we redo it- i think it would be easier and cheaper than a backsplash and would look really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We just repainted the inside of our house with a creamy white...makes it so much brighter and cheery! I love planked walls. I have a wall in my front room that needs a bit of planking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is going to look great. I love number 4 and think a bathroom is also a great place to do this. Have fun with this project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can totally do this, Angela, and if you use salvaged wood your project would be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like a fabulous idea! You are so creative, Angela! I'm anxious to see the finished results! Have a wonderful weekend! Kelly xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.